Amazing ideas and brilliant copywriting will only carry your blog so far. Determining your focus in blogging is the key.
We understand you are excited to share your passion and opinions to the world, but readers need to understand what to expect from your business so they will consistently follow you and come back to consume more of your interesting content. An error bloggers make is trying to cast too wide of a net when they are writing. Writing about why you do what you do and secondly what it is you do and then how you do it is a sure-fire way to keep an interested reader coming back for more.
Your readers have so many blogs competing for their attention, so it’s important to tie your visuals into your text to engage them. Always have a Call to Action (CTA) that’s clear so there is something more for them to do beyond just reading your content. Don’t forget, the whole point of writing a blog is to promote your business and generate buzz around you and your products and services.
THINK ABOUT THESE QUESTIONS.
- What did you talk about in your MISSION statement?
- Who is your ideal client?
- What is your brand messaging style?
- Am I writing with my own voice?
- Have an amazing title
- Keep track of your most popular posts
- Write about things that inspire you
- Jot down your ideas as you think of them
- Keep your ideas in one file
- Follow other bloggers and be inspired by ideas
- Write about your most popular topics
- Write compelling headlines
- Always have a clear Call to Action (CTA)
- Credit images
- Tag images
- Write about topics outside your profession
- Write to attract followers
- Copy other bloggers posts
- Do what everyone else is doing
- Write without checking grammar
- Waste a lot of time creating one post
- Have long paragraphs
- Worry if someone does not like what you write
Remember to write, check once, tweak and post. Enjoy your blogging experience.
Not a writer, that’s okay, Copywriting and blogging is one of our specialities. 5HUNDREDS offers a Writing Marketplace of options from website copywriting to newsletters and press releases to email journeys and funnels to blogging specifically to your business or industry. Save your precious time to work on the projects that you really love and let us help you with the rest.
Visit our Writing Marketplace to explore the services we offer.